PURPOSE-BUILT TO DISTANCE ITSELF FROM THE TYPICAL LONG-RANGE RIFLE.
The Ruger Precision Rifle® is a highly configurable, in-line recoil path, bolt-action rifle. Available in .308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor and .243 Win., the Ruger Precision Rifle® offers outstanding accuracy and long-range capability.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16″-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning. Also features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Patent-pending multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Equipped with a Ruger Precision Rifle® Short-Action Handguard for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes.